College Credit Plus (CCP)
Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
College Credit Plus (CCP) replaces Ohio’s Post-Secondary Enrollment Options program
(PSEO) and all alternative dual enrollment programs previously governed by Ohio Revised
Code Chapter 3365. This program permits students to complete college course work for
high school and/or college credit.
The benefits for a high school student participating in this program at Defiance College include:
- The expansion of the high school curriculum through more challenging and in-depth courses;
- The opportunity to earn college credit while in high school;
- The personal enrichment and growth that one can experience at an established private liberal arts college in Northwest Ohio;
- The experience of interacting with college students and participating in a college
The challenges for a high school student participating in this program at Defiance College include:
- The increased responsibility for learning and good time management skills to balance the demands of both high school and college course work;
- The heightened academic expectations of college course work;
- Learning to interact with college age students and college professors;
- Schedule conflicts with extracurricular high school activities and part-time employment;
- The potential impact of college course work on high school grade point average and
Students are expected to perform at the same level as the College’s regularly admitted students.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY (must meet both)
- Cumulative grade point average = 2.25 or higher
- ACT composite = 18 or higher or SAT combined (Reading/Writing and Math) = 940 or higher
In addition, students shall:
1. have the written approval of their parent or guardian;
2. be attending full-time at a high school in the State of Ohio.
Full college credit will be awarded for all courses satisfactorily completed according
to the College’s established requirements and procedures. Courses completed will
be applied toward degree requirements if the student enrolls at Defiance College after
high school graduation.
The deadlines for application for admission to Defiance College to participate in the College Credit Plus program are as follows:
Summer 2018 May 1, 2018
Fall 2018 August 15, 2018
Spring 2019 December 1, 2018
APPLICATION PROCEDURES - Submit the following to DC Admissions Office:
- Defiance College’s CCP Program application signed by student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor;
- an official high school transcript stating cumulative grade point average and class rank;
- a copy of the school district’s “Intent to Participate in the CCP Program” form, completed by the student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor.
NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION DECISION AND REPORTING OF GRADES
Upon completion of the CCP Program application procedures, the Office of Admissions will respond with the admission decision and instructions immediately by letter to the student. Copies of the letter will be sent to the parent or guardian, high school guidance counselor, and area coordinator.
Prior to the first day of the start of the semester, the College will send a roster
of participants from each high school to their guidance counselor along with course
withdrawal dates. Within twenty-one days of the start of the semester, the College’s
registrar will send a letter of enrollment notice to the student, high school guidance
counselor and the superintendent of instruction for the State of Ohio. Upon the completion
of the semester, the College’s registrar will send a grade report to the high school
guidance counselor. The student may check and print their grades online. If an official
college transcript is requested there is a $7.50 fee.
QUESTIONS: Contact DC’s Office of Admissions at 419-783-2359.