College Credit Plus
College Credit Plus (CCP) replaces Ohio's Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program and all alternative dual enrollment programs previously governed by Ohio Revised Code chapter 3365.
Full college credit will be awarded for all courses satisfactorily completed according to DC's established requirements and procedures. Students are expected to perform at the same level as the College's regularly admitted students.
Courses completed will be applied toward degree requirements if the student enrolls at Defiance College after high school graduation.
- In-depth, challenging courses - see course list here (PDF)
- Opportunity to earn college credit while in high school
- Personal enrichment and growth at an established private liberal arts college
- Higher education experience
- Increased responsibility for learning and time management skills
- Heightened academic expectations of college course work
- Learning to interact with college students and faculty
- Schedule conflicts with extracurricular high school activities and part-time employment
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Cumulative grade point average = 2.4 or higher
- Submission of official high school transcript
Summer 2023: May 1, 2023
Fall 2023: August 1, 2023
Spring 2024: December 1, 2023
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following to DC Admissions Office:
- Defiance College's CCP application (PDF) signed by student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor
- An official high school transcript stating cumulative GPA and class rank
- A copy of the school district's "Intent to Participate in the CCP program" form, completed by the student, parent/guardian, and high school guidance counselor
NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION DECISION AND REPORTING OF GRADES
Upon completion of the CCP program application procedures, the Office of Admissions will immediately respond with the admission decision and instructions by letter. Copies of the letter will be sent to the parent or guardian, high school guidance counselor, and area coordinator.
Prior to the first day of the start of the semester, DC will send a roster of participants
from each high school to their guidance counselor along with course withdrawal dates.
Within twenty-one days of the start of the semester, DC's registrar will send a letter of enrollment notice to the student, high school guidance counselor,
and the superintendent of instruction for the State of Ohio. Upon the completion of
the semester, DC's registrar will send a grade report to the high school guidance counselor. The student may check
and print their grades online. If an official college transcript is requested, please
Defiance College Admissions Team